Dynamics GP 10.0
Dynamics GP 9.0
To set up and calculate minimum wage balance, follow these steps:
1. Setup a minimum wage balance pay code. To do this, follow these steps depending on the program that you use.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP2010
- On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to Payroll, and then click Paycode
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to Payroll, and then click Paycode
2. Type or select a pay code, and then type a description in the Description box.
3. In the Pay Period list, select a pay period.
4. In the Subject to Taxes section, select the check boxes that are required for the pay code.5. To save the pay code setup, click Save.
6. Set the employee card to use minimum wage balance. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Cards menu, point to Payroll, and then click Employee
- In the Employee Maintenance window, click Additional Information
- In the Employee Additional Information Maintenance window, click to select the Calculate Minimum Wage Balance check box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- On the Cards menu, point to Payroll, and then click Pay Code.
- In the Employee Pay Code Maintenance window, select or type the employee ID.
- In the Pay Code list, select Minimum Wage Balance.
- Click Save to save the changes.
For the following examples, the employee is assigned the following:
- The Hourly pay code at a rate of $2.00
- The Reported Tips pay code
- The Minimum Wage Balance pay code at a rate of $5.50
An employee receives a pay rate that is equal to minimum wage during training. The pay rate in the Hourly pay code is set to the minimum wage and no Minimum Wage balance is calculated or appears on the pay stub.
An employee has worked 40 hours during the week. The employee received $500.00 in tips. A transaction entry is created for the Hourly pay code at 40 hours and the Reported Tips pay code at $500.00. The build calculates the minimum wage balance. The build finds that the minimum pay will be met by using the transactions that were created. Therefore, the employee pay stub includes the Hourly pay code at $80.00 and the Reported Tip pay code at $500.00. The calculated gross pay for the employee is $580.00